Oven Roasted Pacific Rockfish with Leeks, Potatoes and Lemon Mayonnaise
Items You Will Need
1 tablespoon butter
1 large leek, cleaned, dark green leaves removed, and light green part sliced ½-inch
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced ½-inch
2 sprigs fresh thyme
¼ cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 (7-ounce) fillets Pacific Rockfish
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Directions To Make
- Pre-heat the oven to 450º F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and the butter and sauté the leeks and potato for 5 minutes or so. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the white wine and chicken stock and simmer everything together until the leeks are soft – about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place the Rockfish fillets on top of the vegetables, season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until the Rockfish is cooked through and is firm to the touch.
- While the Rockfish is roasting, make the lemon mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise with the lemon zest, lemon juice and herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Drizzle a little more olive oil over the fish and vegetables and serve the lemon mayonnaise on the side.