Seared Salmon with Summer Succotash
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Pieces 6-7oz Salmon Filets
¼Cup Pure Olive Oil
1tsp Salt & Black Pepper Mix (3 parts Kosher Salt / 1 part Black Pepper)
1TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼tsp Flakey Sea Salt (Fleur du Sel)
¼Cup Herb Salad (Dill, Parsley, Chives & Tarragon with Olive Oil, Salt & Lemon)
1Cup Summer Succotash (Fresh Corn, Haricot Vert and Marinated Cherry Tomatoes)
Directions To Make
- Season the Salmon Filets with Salt & Pepper Mix.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the Salmon to completely coat the filets.
- Allowing the Salmon to marinate with this mixture, prepare other ingredients to complete your dish.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Heat a heavy duty skillet on a medium flame.
- Coat the Salmon in the oil thoroughly and place the Salmon Filet into the pan with the meat side down first.
- Allow to cook until a brown crust forms around the edges. (Approximately 2 Minutes)
- Turn the Salmon over and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until the skin begins to crisp. (NOTE: If you are cooking Skinless Salmon, look for the same brown crusted edges as before)
- Place the skillet into the pre-heated oven for an additional 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest while arranging the plate.
Steps to Plating
- Prepare the Summer Succotash or other vegetable preparation.
- Spoon this mixture into the bottom of the bowl.
- Lay the Seared Salmon Filet on top of the Summer Succotash.
- Drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the Salmon Filet.
- Arrange the Herb Salad on top and serve.
- Finish the dish with a sprinkle of Flakey Sea Salt. (Fleur du Sel)