Kona Kampachi with Baby Shiitakes and Bok Choy
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
1 Filet 12oz Kona Kampachi Filet
2 TBSP Sesame Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend (1part Sesame Oil / 2 parts Vegetable Oil)
¼ tsp Salt & Black Pepper Mix (3 parts Kosher Salt / 1 part Black Pepper)
1 TBSP Sesame Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend (1part Sesame Oil / 2 parts Vegetable Oil)
1 tsp Fresh Ginger (Minced)
1 tsp Chives (Chopped)
1 portion Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms
1 portion Baby Bok Choy
Directions To Make
- Season the Kampachi Filets with Salt & Pepper Mix.
- Drizzle the Sesame Oil mixture over the Kampachi to coat the filet.
- Allowing the Kampachi to marinate with this mixture, prepare other ingredients to complete your dish.
- Heat a heavy duty skillet on a medium flame.
- Insure the Kampachi is thoroughly coated in the marinating oil and place the Filet into the pan with the meat side down first.
- Allow to cook until a brown crust forms around the edges. (Approximately 3-4 Minutes)
- Gently turn the Kampachi Filet over and allow to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until the skin begins to crisp. (NOTE: If you are cooking Skinless Kampachi, look for the same brown crusted edges as before)
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest while arranging the plate.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining Sesame Oil mixture until it begins to ripple (not too hot that it starts to smoke, as this will cause bitterness) and add the minced Ginger and quickly toss.
Steps to Plating
- Prepare the accompaniments as desired.
- Lay the Kampachi Filet down the center of the platter.
- Arrange the Shiitake Mushrooms and Sautéed Bok Choy around the Kampachi.
- Drizzle the Ginger Oil over the filet and finish with the Chopped Chives.