Grilled Mahi Mahi with Spiced Black Bean Coulis, Corn Salsa and an Arugula-Radish Salad
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Pieces 6-7oz Mahi Mahi Filets
¼ Cup Pure Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt & Black Pepper Mix (3 parts Kosher Salt / 1 part Black Pepper)
4 Ounces Black Bean Coulis
½ Cup Corn Salsa
2 Cups Wild Arugula Salad (With Shredded Radishes and Sherry Vinaigrette)
- Directions To Make
- Season the Mahi Mahi Filets with Salt & Pepper Mix.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the Mahi Mahi to completely coat the filets.
- Allowing the Mahi Mahi to marinate with this mixture, prepare other ingredients to complete your dish.
- Pre-heat the Grill to a Medium-High heat.
- Gently place the Mahi Mahi Filets onto the grill with the meat side down first.
- After 2-3 minutes, rotate the Mahi Mahi Filets 90° to create the grill marks.
- After an additional 2-3 minutes, turn the Mahi Mahi Filets over for another 2-3 minutes.
- At this point the Mahi Mahi should be opaque in color all around and have nice brown grill marks. The Mahi Mahi should be firm, but still spring back slightly when touched.
- Remove the Mahi Mahi Filets and place on a plate to rest, while preparing the remainder of items for plating.
- Steps to Plating
- Prepare the Black Bean Coulis, Corn Salsa and Arugula-Radish Salad.
- Spoon the Black Bean Coulis on the bottom of the plate.
- Lay the Grilled Mahi Mahi Filet on top of the Black Bean Coulis.
- Spoon the Corn Salsa over the Mahi Mahi Filet, careful not to completely cover the beautiful fish.
- Arrange the Arugula-Radish Salad to the back of the Mahi Mahi.