Seared Coho Salmon
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Each Coho Salmon Blocks (8oz pieces)
1 oz Oil
½ cup Yam & Corn Salsa (See Recipe Below)
4 oz Braised Greens
½ cup Butternut Squash Cream
Braised Greens (See Recipe: Shrimp & Grits)
Spiced Butternut Squash Cream (Roasted Butternut Squash <w/Butter, Salt & Chili Powder>, Onion, Garlic, Chicken Stock, Chipotles, Cream and Lime Juice)
- Directions To Make
- Prepare the Coho Salmon into portion blocks as specified and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet and add 1oz Oil to the pan. Gently add the Salmon to the pan, and sear for 1-2 minutes to obtain a nice crust and golden brown color.
- Turn the salmon over and place into the oven for 6-7 minutes until the meat springs back slightly when touched.
- Finish searing all sides and remove from the pan allowing to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the braised greens in the center of a large bowl and pour the Butternut Squash Cream around the Greens.
- Place the Seared Coho Salmon on top of the greens then carefully pour the salsa on top of the Salmon falling off to one side.
Recipe: Yam & Corn Salsa
¾ cup Corn Kernels (from about 1 ear of corn)
1/2 each Yam, Large (Diced)
2 each Limes (Juiced)
1 TBSP Cilantro, Chopped
¼ cup Red Onions, Diced
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
½ TBSP Serrano Chile, Core Removed (Diced)
½ tsp Garlic Clove (Chopped)
Boil the corn in salted water for 1 minute. Remove and cool then cut the kernels off the ear.
Peel and dice the yam. Put in cold salted water and simmer until soft, but still slightly firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until you’re ready to plate.
- Steps to Plating