Seared Ahi Tuna
Serves 4-6 People
Items You Will Need
2 Each Tuna Blocks (8-12oz pieces)
2 cups Lemon-Ginger Marinade (See Recipe Below)
1 oz Sesame Oil
Recipe: Lemon-Ginger Marinade
6 oz Sesame Oil
6 oz Soy Sauce
2 oz Rice Vinegar
2 oz White Wine (Dry)
4 oz Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Lemon Zest
½ TBSP Black Pepper
½ TBSP Crushed Red Chiles
1 Cup Green Onions (Sliced)
1/2 Cup Cilantro (Chopped)
¼ Cup Ginger (Fresh Minced Ginger)
2 TBSP Garlic (Minced)
Green Onion Salad
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Directions To Make
- Prepare the Tuna into portion blocks as specified.
- Marinate the Tuna blocks in 2 Cups of the Lemon-Ginger Marinade for 1 Hour. (Reserve the remainder for later.)
- Turn over at least once during the marinating process to insure complete coverage.
- Remove from the marinade, reserving the liquid.
- Heat a skillet and add 1oz Sesame Oil to the pan.
- Gently add the Tuna to the pan, and turn the pieces after 15-20 seconds to obtain a hot sear on all sides.
- Remove and immediately place back into the marinating liquid to stop the cooking.
- If searing multiple pieces, repeat this process until all pieces have been seared and submerged back into the marinade.
- Store the Tuna in the Marinade until time of service. (Only hold in marinade up to 4 hours)
- Steps to Plating
- Remove from the liquid and thinly slice, layering the Tuna onto the platter.
- Drizzle some of the unused marinating liquid (sauce) on and around the Tuna.
- Garnish the platter with Shredded Green Onions and Toasted Sesame Seeds.