Peppered Mako Shark with Spring Asparagus, Roasted Mushrooms and a Red Wine Reduction
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Pieces 7-8oz Mako Shark Filets (Cut in 1/2′s to make Medallions)
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 TBSP Black Pepper (Coarse Grind)
1 TBSP Flour
2 TBSP Pure Olive Oil
1/2 Bunch Asparagus Tips (Steamed)
1 Cup Wild Mushrooms (Pan-Roasted)
2 Each Shallots (Cut into 1/4’s and Roasted)
4 Ounces Red Wine Sauce
1 TBSP Herb Oil
- Directions To Make
- Cut and prepare the Shark Filets into medallions.
- Season the Shark Filets with the Kosher Salt first.
- Sprinkle the Shark Filets with the coarse ground Black Pepper to evenly coat the medallions and lightly dust the fish with flour
- Place a saute pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Place the medallions into the pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown edges appear.
- Turn the medallions over and sear for an additional 2-3 minutes until the meat becomes firm with a slight spring back when touched.
- While the Shark Filets are cooking, prepare the other ingredients to complete your dish.
- Remove the Shark from the pan and allow to rest while completing the accompaniments.
- Steps to Plating
- Pool the Red Wine Sauce on a plate or into a bowl.
- Arrange the Peppered Shark Medallions overlapping on top of the sauce.
- Place the Roasted Mushrooms and Shallots around the medallions and arrange the Steamed Asparagus tips around the dish.
- Finish the plate with some Herb Oil and serve.