Olive Oil Poached Whitefish with a Lemon-Tyme Oil
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Pieces 6-7oz Whitefish Fillets
4 Cups Pure Olive Oil
1 tsp Kosher Salt
2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
4 Cups Sauteed Spinach (Olive Oil, S&P Mix and Garlic)
½ Pound Roasted Potatoes (Olive Oil, S&P Mix and Shallots)
2 TBSP Herb Oil (Prepare a Herb Infused Olive Oil)
1 tsp Thyme Leaves
½ tsp Lemon Zest
- Directions To Make
- Season the Whitefish Fillets with the Salt and place on a small sheet pan or cookie sheet to rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Combine the Thyme Leaves with the Herb Oil and allow to set, absorbing flavors.
- In a shallow pan, add the Pure Olive Oil with the Thyme sprigs. Place the Whitefish Fillets into the pan, insuring that the fish is covered.
- Place on low heat and monitor to insure that the temperature never rises above 155°F.
- Once the oil reaches 155°F, turn off the heat and allow the fish to continue cooking slowly in the oil (Approximately 3-5 Minutes).
- Gently remove the fish from the oil and place on a towel to drain excess oil.
- Allow the Whitefish to rest while finishing the remaining ingredients.
- Steps to Plating
- Prepare the other ingredients needed for the final dish; Sauteed Spinach and Roasted Potatoes, or other desired accompaniments.
- Place the Sauteed Spinach in the middle of the plate.
- Lay the Whitefish over the Spinach and surround the dish with the Roasted Potatoes.
- Spoon the Thyme Oil over the Whitefish and finish with the Lemon Zest..