Maine Lobster Salad with Wild Arugula and Grilled Sourdough
Serves 2-4 People
Items You Will Need
1 Pound Lobster Claw and Knuckle Meat
2 TBSP Shallots (Diced)
¼ Cup Celery (Diced)
2 TBSP Fresh Dill (Picked leaves)
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Lemon Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
½ tsp Salt & Black Pepper Mix (3 parts Kosher Salt / 1 part Black Pepper)
2 Cups Wild/Rustic Arugula
4 Slices Sourdough Bread (Thick Cut)
1 TBSP Olive Oil (for grilling the bread)
1 TBSP Lemon Oil
¼ tsp Flakey Sea Salt (Fleur du Sel)
½ tsp Chives (Chopped)
½ tsp Lemon Zest
- Directions To Make
- Drain the Lobster Meat until all the liquid has dissipated.
- Combine the Lobster Meat in a Stainless Steel mixing bowl with the Shallots, Celery, Dill, Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice and Salt & Pepper Mix.
- Set this mixture aside in the refrigerator while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly brush the Sourdough Bread with the Olive Oil and place on the Grill to lightly brown on both sides.
- Place the Arugula in a mixing bowl and drizzle with the Lemon Oil. Sprinkle with the Sea Salt and gently mix together.
- Steps to Plating
- Once the bread is browned, place it on a plate and top each piece with 1/4th the seasoned Arugula.
- Divide the Lobster Salad among the 4 pieces of Grilled Bread as pictured.
- Top the Salad (Open-Faced Sandwich) with Lemon Zest and Chives.