Coriander Crusted Corvina with Sautéed Zucchini and Red Chile Mole
Serves 2 People
Items You Will Need
2 Pieces 6-7oz Corvina Filets
1 TBSP Coriander Rub (Coriander Seeds, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper and Mexican Oregano)
1 TBSP All Purpose Flour
1 Ounce Cooking Oil
1 TBSP Whole Butter
1 Cup Red Chile Mole (Dried Red Chiles, Onions, Garlic, Mexican Oregano and Kosher Salt)
1 Cup Sautéed Zucchini (Zucchini, Red Jalapenos, Olive Oil and Kosher Salt)
½ Cup Fresh Cilantro Sprigs
1 Each Fresh Lime (For Juice & Zest)
- Directions To Make
- Prepare the Coriander Rub by grinding the ingredients into a coarse consistency.
- Crust the Corvina Filets with Coriander Rub.
- Dust the Crusted Corvina with flour to protect the crust.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Heat a heavy duty skillet on a medium flame.
- Drizzle the cooking oil in the hot pan and place the Corvina in the pan with the crust side down.
- Allow to cook until a brown crust forms around the edges. (Approximately 1-2 Minutes)
- Turn the Corvina over and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the skillet into the pre-heated oven for an additional 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets. (The meat should be firm with a slight bounce back to the touch.)
- Add the 1-Tablespoon of whole butter to the hot pan and baste the fish using a spoon.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest while arranging the plate.
- Pool the Red Wine Sauce on a plate or into a bowl.
- Arrange the Peppered Shark Medallions overlapping on top of the sauce.
- Place the Roasted Mushrooms and Shallots around the medallions and arrange the Steamed Asparagus tips around the dish.
- Finish the plate with some Herb Oil and serve.
- Steps to Plating
- Prepare the Red Chile Mole (Sauce) and the Sautéed Zucchini.
- Pour the mole (sauce) onto the center of the bowl or plate and spread evenly.
- Spoon the Zucchini in the middle of the sauce.
- Lay the Crusted Corvina on top of the Sautéed Zucchini.
- Finish with some Cilantro Sprigs, a squeeze of Lime Juice and splash of Lime Zest.